Undergoing Lasik

It was a tough call! To do or not to do. It took a lot of time before actually deciding to bid goodbye to my spectacles which had been my companion for many years. But then I decided and riskfully so to undergo lasik eye surgery to get my spectacles removed. A lot of people has warned me that this surgery came with many risks, some people told me that I looked good in specs and that there was no need for me to get them removed. I researched and surfed the internet a lot to read the experiences of people who has undergone this surgery. It was a dual game. At first I was never convinced. Who would want his cornea to be peeled off! After all, i was told that there was no going back after the procedure had taken place and it could very well end up damaging your eyes rather than healing them. i was wary. Nothing was helping me to decide what was right for my eyes.

But then it is said that you should always have a look at the other side of the coin. May be you can shed off your negative thinking in this way. I met some doctors and some people who helped me make my decision. I met people who had already undergone the surgery and narrated their experiences to me. I listened to them and this gave me the much needed confidence. That is when I made up my mind to undergo the procedure. Finally, on 8th march I underwent the surgery. It was scary as it had to do with my eyes - the most precious organ of your body. What are you without your eyes! The proceedure went on safely with good doctors by my side and a good clinic at my disposal.

Today, two months after the surgery I am extremely pleased with the results. Now my vision is clearer than before and I am happy that i could see the wonderful world with my naked eyes. Of course there are many precautions that need to be taken after the surgery and the more carefully you adhere to them, the better will be the results. For sure, I miss my spectacles...they were my companion for many years and gave me the geek and intellectual look which I always took pride in. Nevertheless, I no more have to wear lenses, no more shying away from wearing make up and good dresses. This is freedom for me. A freedom gifted by lasik. Recommended by me!!

Comments

Popular Posts